Tuesday 23 August 2011

On holidays...

well I'm on holidays been reading a lot of books. ONe boos I read was Boy Alone, good book but a little sad I wish it had a happier outcome but the cool thing is the author imagined what it could have been like so he had some positive thoughts.  I'm now reading embracing the wide sky. It's really interesting and about the brain.  I love that kind of stuff. It's sad Jack Layton died he was a good man. 

"Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton.   

The cottage is nice reading and sleeping and stuff before school starts. Get home on thurs and have to register for my mandrine course. I hope that it works out. The other two courses I'm planning on taking is  Community Mental Health, and Woman Work and Public Policy. I have been looking into volunteer stuff.  I have a bunch of replies and going to fill out some applications. We will see what happens. If I could work with  kids with special needs that would be great or people from another country or just kids in general. I applied again to colunteer with Best Buddies so that's working with an Adult with special needs.  I need to fill out my application for the orphanage in china I wanta go back there.  They say I can go back for 2-3 weeks to try it out before making a longer term commitment for like two years. Still not totally sure what I'm going to do after I graduate, still thinjking of doing a MSW if I can ever get my references, but we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment